National Museum of the Philippines

It was a nice Tuesday afternoon in Manila. And I decided to head out and visit the National Museum. The entrance fee is free for all during this month of October in observance of the Museum and Galleries Month.




The main reason why I want to visit the museum is because of the Spolarium by Juan Luna
Since the first encounter I had with this painting, I wanted to see it again. 
And now whenever I recall the fresh memory of this painting, I get goosebumps. :)



Sculptures of the National Artist Guillermo Tolentino




Busts of Famous Filipino icons (clockwise from upper left):
Jose Rizal, Lapu Lapu, Manuel L. Quezon, and Andres Bonifacio


More sculptures from various contemporary Filipino artists




Artworks depicting the time of Japanese and American occupation


 Paintings depicting the Basi Revolt


Works dedicated to and by the National Hero, and a polymath, Jose Rizal.



The Progress of Medicine by Carlos "Botong" Francisco


A corner in Fernando Amorsolo gallery with his unfinished painting, Portrait of a Lady, featured


BenCab's paintings among other contemporary Filipino paintings
After seeing his work, I find myself interested in visiting the BenCab museum in the future.



More from the National Museum :)








I'm not really a fan of museums. I always think of them as boring and uninteresting. But after this tour inside the National Museum, I'm starting to think otherwise. I enjoyed viewing all the magnificent works of all the Filipino artists and this day had made me feel very proud as a Filipino.


National Museum of the Philippines
Tuesdays to Sundays 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Website; Facebook


0 comments:

Post a Comment